Sunday, May 20, 2012

DIY: Drippy Ying- Yang Tee

Drippy Ying-Yang shirt
Decided to try a new DIY-project and created this crop top shirt. It's pink tie-dyed, embellished with a drippy ying-yang symbol. I have been seeing shirts like these all around Tumblr and wasn't prepared to dish out 40$ to own one. So, I took it upon myself and was amazed on how easy it was to prepare. (Considering I already had a tie-dyed shirt on demand.)  I got a lot of compliments on this tee, and some strange looks. I think they thought I was on acid or something. Truthfully, I am not quite sure what the "drippy ying-yang" symbol means or if it has a purpose but I enjoy it thoroughly. Perhaps a trip to "The Urban Dictionary" will resolve my questions. Anyways, I might put up a DIY video since I documented the experience.. .Too soon to tell though. What do you guys think?

Closeup on the symbol before it was colored in again


No comments:

Post a Comment